Dental Financing Options
Going to the dentist is a regular cause for anxiety. Dentophobia (also known as a fear of the dentist) is a common malady for many people. Dental health is often ignored, be it due to being afraid of the pain or even worse, the price tag that comes with it. The good people of Savannah Dental Solutions wants to help you to calm all of your concerns, including the financial ones. Be it through dental financing, a payment plan, or dental insurance they will help to guide you through the process necessary to make sure that your dental needs are handled. Because they truly believe that everyone should be able to afford dental health.
How Can I Pay For My Dental Procedure(s)?
Not many of us have the money to pay for medical treatment outright. Fortunately, there are quite a few options available to you to ensure the affordability of the quality treatment that you want and deserve.
1. Savannah Dental Solutions is a care credit dentist. They work with the financial loan company Care Credit to help finance for the dentistry that you require. Be it large or small, if approved, this will allow for reasonable monthly payments versus having to pay the entire sum at once.
2. Many corporations offer what is called a “Flex Spending Account.” This is where an assigned amount of money is taken out of your paycheck pre-taxes and is saved in an account for medical emergencies, which include dental. Ask your employer if this is an option for you.
3. Payment plans are also an option. These are decided on a case-by-case basis but can be an easy and interest-free alternative to allow you to pay for your dentistry. Much like layaway, this is where you would pay a small amount weekly or monthly until the total is accrued allowing you to then have your procedure worry-free
4. Dental insurance is also offered through many health insurance companies. This will not usually cover all of the expenses, however, it will pay for a large portion thus making the weight of the expense less daunting. The staff at Savannah Dental Solutions will be happy to file your dental insurance claim for you to guarantee the maximum benefit.
5. Paying out of pocket is, of course, also a viable option. Your dentist will usually accept cash, checks and most major credit cards.
Dr. Chad Schnabel, DMD , and Dr. Alexandra Schnabel, DMD are proud to serve the citizens of Savannah and it’s surrounding areas by bringing quality dental care at an affordable price.
If you are in need of a dentist, don’t be afraid any longer. Call Savannah Dental Solutions at 912/354-1366 today or contact them for more information on dental financing options. The polite and friendly staff will help to guide you through the steps needed to bring back your happy and healthy smile.
What Should I Expect to Happen at My Dental Consultation?
At Savannah Dental Solutions, it is extremely important to us that all patients feel comfortable, knowledgeable, and empowered to participate in their own dental health. That’s why we put a great deal of time and effort into each dental consultation. Here is what to expect.
First, we will perform a detailed dental exam. Whether you are scrupulous about receiving your twice a year cleanings or have steered clear of the dentist for some time, we never want you to feel shy or uncomfortable about coming to see us. We will perform a judgement-free complete dental exam to determine how we can best restore or maintain your oral health.
We will examine your teeth, gums, and jawbones for signs of cavities, enamel erosion, or gum disease. We will also check your existing dental restorations for any wear or damage. Any issues we find will be carefully noted.
Next, we will take X-rays to assess the areas that are hidden to visual inspection. This gives us a more complete look at your tooth structure, bones, and soft tissue. If you have recently had X-rays taken by another dentist, please let us know. We like to minimize our patients’ exposure to radiation, so we may be able to use another provider’s X-rays to formulate our own treatment plan.
After the exam and X-rays are complete, we will sit down with you for an in-depth discussion of your dental goals and desires. You can prepare for this conversation by scrutinizing your smile in the mirror before your appointment. Pinpoint what you like and dislike about your teeth, and take detailed notes. If you are considering cosmetic dental work, it is also helpful to bring in photos of smiles that you particularly admire. If cost is a concern, as it is for most people, please be honest with us about your budget. Many times, we can create treatment plans that maximize insurance benefits and minimize out of pocket expenses.
With the information we obtained from your exam, X-rays, and discussion in hand, we will generate your treatment plan. If the dental issues you have can be treated in multiple ways, we may create several treatment plans, complete with timelines and cost breakdowns, for you to consider. Your treatment is a collaborative process, so please ask any questions you might have and volunteer any thoughts that might occur to you.
Before your consultation concludes, we will work with you to set up your next step. If you have a clean bill of health and no cosmetic concerns, your next step might be a cleaning. If you have complex oral health issues, your next step could be oral surgery or impressions or any of a myriad of other possibilities. No matter what your next step may be, we will set up your appointment and help you understand how best to prepare.
Want to Learn More?
If you want to learn more about how we can keep your entire family’s smiles in tip top shape, contact Savannah Dental Solutions today at (912) 354-1366 for more information or to schedule an appointment.