Tag Archives: dental insurance
What to Look for in a Dentist
After moving to a new city or suffering from a dental emergency, you may find yourself looking for a dentist that you can trust. The dental provider that you choose can have a significant impact on how comfortable you feel going to the dentist and your results. Here are some things to look for in a dentist near me.
If you have dental insurance coverage, you’ll want to make sure that any dentist you schedule an appointment with accepts your plan. Some dentists will only work with certain dental insurance plans, while others will bill any plan. It is important to know how a dentist will work with your insurance before your first appointment.
It is always a good idea to ask your family members, friends, and coworkers to recommend a dentist to you. Just keep in mind that their experience may vary from yours. Ask them questions about their recommendations, including what procedures the dentist performed and the pain management strategies used. If you are looking for sedation dentistry, for instance, be sure to ask if they had it.
Easy to Access
When choosing a new dentist, you want to choose someone who is easy to access. This includes their physical location and their available appointment times. A Savannah dentist located in a hard to get to part of the city may not be the best one to choose. A high volume of traffic and an inconvenient location could make getting to the office more difficult. If you work or have other commitments, a dentist with early morning, evening, or weekend hours can make it easier to go to the dentist.
It is a good idea to choose a dentist that is a member of a professional organization, such as the American Dental Association. There are membership requirements for these types of associations so it can help to screen out unqualified providers. In addition, professional organizations provide continuing education classes so members can keep up with the latest techniques and best practices.
Pain Management Options
Not all dentists offer the same pain management options, such as nitrous oxide or IV dentistry. If you’re looking for a specific option, be sure to check with any new dentist to learn more about their philosophy. You want to select a practice that offers what you’re looking for.
Experience and Specialization
Some dentists specialize in certain procedures, even if they both offer general dentistry. If you have specific dental concerns, such as gum disease or want to consider dental implants, it makes sense to find a dentist that has experience and specialty training performing that specific procedure. This will ensure that you have the best results.
Want to Learn More?
Choosing a new dentist is a big decision. You want to find a highly qualified and experienced dental professional that you’re comfortable with. If you want to schedule an appointment with the best dentist in Savannah, GA, contact Savannah Dental Solutions today at (912) 354-1366.
Dental Financing Options
Dental Financing Options
Going to the dentist is a regular cause for anxiety. Dentophobia (also known as a fear of the dentist) is a common malady for many people. Dental health is often ignored, be it due to being afraid of the pain or even worse, the price tag that comes with it. The good people of Savannah Dental Solutions wants to help you to calm all of your concerns, including the financial ones. Be it through dental financing, a payment plan, or dental insurance they will help to guide you through the process necessary to make sure that your dental needs are handled. Because they truly believe that everyone should be able to afford dental health.
How Can I Pay For My Dental Procedure(s)?
Not many of us have the money to pay for medical treatment outright. Fortunately, there are quite a few options available to you to ensure the affordability of the quality treatment that you want and deserve.
1. Savannah Dental Solutions is a care credit dentist. They work with the financial loan company Care Credit to help finance for the dentistry that you require. Be it large or small, if approved, this will allow for reasonable monthly payments versus having to pay the entire sum at once.
2. Many corporations offer what is called a “Flex Spending Account.” This is where an assigned amount of money is taken out of your paycheck pre-taxes and is saved in an account for medical emergencies, which include dental. Ask your employer if this is an option for you.
3. Payment plans are also an option. These are decided on a case-by-case basis but can be an easy and interest-free alternative to allow you to pay for your dentistry. Much like layaway, this is where you would pay a small amount weekly or monthly until the total is accrued allowing you to then have your procedure worry-free
4. Dental insurance is also offered through many health insurance companies. This will not usually cover all of the expenses, however, it will pay for a large portion thus making the weight of the expense less daunting. The staff at Savannah Dental Solutions will be happy to file your dental insurance claim for you to guarantee the maximum benefit.
5. Paying out of pocket is, of course, also a viable option. Your dentist will usually accept cash, checks and most major credit cards.
Dr. Chad Schnabel, DMD , and Dr. Alexandra Schnabel, DMD are proud to serve the citizens of Savannah and it’s surrounding areas by bringing quality dental care at an affordable price.
If you are in need of a dentist, don’t be afraid any longer. Call Savannah Dental Solutions at 912/354-1366 today or contact them for more information on dental financing options. The polite and friendly staff will help to guide you through the steps needed to bring back your happy and healthy smile.