Are you considering trying Invisalign? Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that is designed to straighten the teeth and align the bite. It serves the same purpose as braces, but with a different approach. There are many benefits to Invisalign, such as the fact that the aligners you wear over your teeth are clear and virtually invisible. Another major benefit is that you can remove your aligners to eat and clean your teeth.
With all of its benefits, people often wonder about the price. How much does Invisalign cost in Savannah, GA and the surrounding area? Here’s what you can expect on average.
Average Cost of Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign cost varies based on a variety of criteria, but will typically fall within the range of $3,000-$8,000. The average cost is about $4,000-$5,000. This includes the initial consultation, your complete set of aligners, appointments to monitor progress, and the retainers you will wear once your teeth are in the desired position.
Factors that Contribute to the Cost of Invisalign
You will find that Invisalign cost varies depending on a variety of factors, including:
- Your orthodontist. Not all dentists and orthodontists charge the same price for Invisalign. Each practice will set their prices based on what it costs them to provide the treatment and what it takes to stay competitive with other practices in the area.
- Where you live. The cost of dental and orthodontic services is also affected by the cost of living in your area. You may be quoted a higher price for Invisalign if you live in a city with a large population than if you lived in a small town or rural area.
- Extent of corrections needed. Different orthodontic issues require more intervention than others. The further your teeth need to be shifted in order to achieve proper alignment, the more aligners you will require. When your treatment plan is established, your complete set of aligners are created at that time. You are then instructed to wear each one for about 2 weeks, switching to the next in consecutive order. The more aligners have to be made, the higher the price.
- Length of treatment. How long your Invisalign treatment will take may be a factor in the overall cost. Longer treatment means more appointments and consultations with the dentist/orthodontist. The number of aligners you will require will give a fairly accurate estimate of the length of your treatment time.
- Replacement aligners. If you lose any of your aligners along the way, there is a cost to replace them. This will affect the overall cost of your treatment if the situation arises. Some practices offer Invisalign Teen, which is a version that includes built in replacement aligners at no additional cost.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
If you have dental insurance that includes coverage for orthodontic treatment, Invisalign is typically covered. It is always best to check with your dental insurance provider about your coverage before starting treatment. Insurance coverage for orthodontics is most often a lump sum amount that can be put towards braces, Invisalign, or other orthodontic treatments. On most plans each dependent qualifies for a one time lump sum toward orthodontic treatment in their lifetime. Insurance rarely ever covers the total cost of treatment, but choosing an in-network dentist/orthodontist can help reduce the overall cost.
Savannah Dental Solutions Provides Invisalign Treatment
One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign treatment is that it can be administered and monitored by your dentist. Dentists are able to offer Invisalign because it does not require the same level of expertise of an orthodontist. The computer software analyzes the digital impressions of the teeth and designs a treatment plan accordingly. The dentist must only instruct you on how to wear your aligners and monitor your progress along the way.
Savannah Dental Solutions is a certified provider of Invisalign in Savannah, Georgia. We have helped numerous satisfied patients transform their smiles for better dental health and renewed self confidence.
Call (912) 354-1366 or contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you transform your smile and improve your dental health.