At Savannah Dental Solutions, we know that not everyone looks forward to their dental appointments. In fact, many patients avoid regular cleanings and check ups because of dental anxiety.
If you experience any anxiety related to a trip to the dentist, you are not alone. Various studies estimate 9%-15% of Americans avoid dental appointments due to fear. Wow. That’s 30 to 40 million people.
Even though many dental procedures are painless, being examined causes some level of stress for many.
Some signs of dental fear, phobia or anxiety include:
• Tense feeling our trouble falling asleep the night before a dental appointment
• Increased nervousness in the waiting room
• You feel like crying when you think about going to the dentist
• You feel ill when thinking about a dental procedure
• You panic during a dentist appointment
Relief from dental anxiety
Chad Schnabel, DMD understands the fear you may be experiencing. Have you?:
• Missed regular dental cleanings or dental checkups
• Ignored teeth problems
• Avoided scheduling fillings, root canal or crowns
• Consistently used over the counter medication to deal with tooth or jaw pain
Do any of these behaviors sound familiar? Let us talk to you about our dental sedation options. We have a variety of techniques that can improve and eliminate your anxiety. Unlike being sedated for surgery, you are not completely unconscious, just unaware of the procedure being performed.
We offer minimal, moderate, and deep sedation as well as general anesthesia.
It’s worth a phone call to determine how sedation dentistry can make your visit more comfortable and relaxed.