Savannah Reconstructive Dentistry
A healthy smile is important for your own confidence and personal appearance but can be compromised by tooth decay, gum disease, accidents, injury, age, and poor dental care in the past.
Savannah Dental Solutions can restore your smile and correct the multiple issues you are experiencing. Eliminating pain, embarrassment and restoring your mouth through reconstructive dentistry is our goal.
There is no one specific treatment for full mouth rejuvenation, full mouth rehabilitation, full mouth restoration, or full mouth reconstruction. Each of these terms are interchangeable for the topic and basically describes the process of rebuilding or simultaneously restoring all of the teeth in both the upper and lower jaws. Your specific dental condition will determine the appropriate treatment. We customize the plan to your requests and advise you on the options. You’ll need to visit our office for a consultation and evaluation.
Exceptional knowledge, training and skill on the part of the dentist is required for each phase of your reconstruction. Ensuring the success and long-term stability of smile makeover treatments are our primary focus. Please get a second opinion with the procedures mentioned on this page. We want you to have a successful restoration whomever you choose.
What is Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction?
You may have heard the term smile makeover or cosmetic dentistry. Full mouth reconstruction also addresses any functional issues with bite alignment and other symptoms that may be causing pain or discomfort. There may be additional health aspects of your situation to be considered.
The need for full mouth reconstruction may be caused by:
- Teeth lost from decay or trauma
- Injured or fractured teeth
- Worn teeth from long-term acid erosion (foods, liquids, reflux) or teeth grinding
- Jaw, muscle and headache pain due to bite (occlusion)
Treatment may include:
- Replacement of mercury fillings with white fillings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Porcelain Veneers
- Teeth Whitening or Teeth Bleaching
- Dental Implants (Implant Dentistry)
- Root Canals (Endodontic Treatment)
- Gum Disease Treatment
- TMJ Bite Alignment or TMJ Treatment
What are the steps in care?
You will meet with Chad Schnabel, DMD for an examination and consultation. Your expectations and symptoms will be discussed. Depending on your particular situation, specific recommendations will be discussed and each phase of cosmetic dentistry, restorative dental procedures, and dental reconstruction will be thoroughly explained.
During the examination, Dr. Schnabel will inspect the condition of your:
- Teeth: Cavities, decay, tooth wear, cracks, short/long appearance, tooth movement and condition of previous dental work.
- Periodontal (gum) tissues: Health of gums, deep pockets, insufficient gum tissue, periodontal disease and bone density issues.
- Temporomandibular joints, jaw muscles and occlusion: Stability of bite, pain or discomfort when you close your mouth or chew.
- Appearance: Color, shape, size and proportion of your teeth in relation to lips, gums, mouth face, and profile.
The examination may also include:
- Review of your dental records
- X-rays and photos
- Impressions of your upper and lower teeth
Will Insurance Cover Full Mouth Reconstruction Treatment?
Dental insurance may pay for some costs associated with full mouth reconstruction. This will depend on your diagnosis and the treatment plan, as well as your dental insurance coverage. Third-party financing may be available through your dentist’s office to assist you in making affordable monthly payments.
With all of the changes in medical benefits over the past few years, we get many questions about dental reimbursement. The claims we process are 100% HIPPA compliant and our approval rate is very high.
Let us review your specific insurance coverage before your appointment.